Reporting to the Project Manager / Project Director, the role of Quality Manager is to oversee the effective delivery of all components of the client and company Quality Systems and Procedures. The Quality Manager will also support the fabrication team in our off-site facilities and the on-site delivery team. The Quality Manager will be professional and courteous with the ambition to build a positive experience for the customer such that they remain a loyal customer of BMD’s.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure the Company Quality Management System is fully implemented in all areas of the project delivery, in accordance to the ISO 9001:2015 standard.
- Develop Project Specific Internal Quality Inductions for all staff and craft, to ensure key information from the specifications is shared, prior to commencing work on site.
- Carry out regular audits of sites, workshop, assembly shops etc. and issue audit reports to the senior management team.
- Integrate subcontractor and vendor Quality Control requirements in the Quality Assurance Plan when necessary.
- Implement and monitor the site-specific Quality Plan, inspection and test Plans and advise and direct the Project Manager and project team on matters concerning quality to support our “Right First Time” policy.
- Ensure Training of the team members in BMD, procedures for examining, moving, and storing supplies and materials, and reporting potential quality problems.
- Establish and maintain a formal dialog with the Lilly/JE on QA/QC issues.
- Coordinate the requirements for client inspections as required by contract documents.
- Perform examinations and schedule inspections as required by the project plans.
- Support the project Quality Improvement Programme Initiatives e.g., Quality Observation Reports (QORs) and Quality Inspections of finished works.
- Assign resources and oversee the First of a Kind (FOK)/First in Place (FIP) project quality programme.
- Ensure conformance to BCAR regulations. BMD or our specialist subcontractors will provide ancillary certificates as required in the scope packages.
- Monitor the performance and adherence to procedures throughout the project.
- Document quality control issues and ensure corrective action is taken.
- Ensure trades are trained to the specification requirements per services.
- Ensure compilation of final turnover documentation to the Lilly/JE as required by the project specifications.
- Ensure all Manual Orbital Welders are qualified prior to production welding.
- Monitoring of Key performance indicators, analysing the reasons for not meeting the targets, improving processes, and setting goals.
- Carry out regular audits of company supply chain and sub-contractors to ensure high standards of quality are maintained and implemented.
- Manage and effectively mentor the onsite delivery and off-site fabrication QA teams.
- Ensure the Right First Time (RFT) ethos is embedded in our processes.
- Monitor and close out all non-conformance reports (NCRs), performing root cause analysis for each NCR.
- Oversee the coordination of special processes including Welding, NDT, PWHT and Pressure Testing.
- Attend client site Quality Meetings as necessary to affect a successful project outcome from a quality perspective.
- Generate internal and external reports, as required.
- Oversee the assembly of hand over packages to the customer.
Education, Training & Experience:
- Min 5-7 years work experience as a senior QA Engineer – essential.
- Worked as a Quality Manager/ Senior QA Engineer, on mechanical construction projects in the Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Semi-conductor or Oil & Gas industry – essential.
- Experience of working on construction projects with equipment installation, piping fabrication, piping installation and pressure testing on site – essential
- CSWIP Welding Inspection qualification – essential.
- NDT PCN/SNT Qualification – desirable.
- Preferably a Degree Qualification in Quality Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering.
- Applicant must have a working knowledge of ISO 9001:2015.
- Proficient in suite of Microsoft applications – Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint.
- Strong Communicator, written and verbal.
- Diligent, has a high level of attention to detail, and sets a high standard of quality for themselves and others.
- Ability to build rapport with customers and subcontractors.
- Personable, and a team player.
- Strong project management, planning discipline.
- Hard working and able to work in fast paced work environment.
- Decisive, able to make decisions while lacking some information.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Accountable & highly organised someone who take ownership of tasks from beginning to end.
What’s in it for you?
A chance to be part of, and share in, this exciting new development phase for BMD. We offer professional advancement supported by on-going training and development opportunities as well as a comprehensive package including Competitive Salary and Company Pension Scheme. We believe in rewarding those who exemplify our values and deliver for our clients. In short, your success is our success. And One Day You Can Say You Were at the Beginning.