Reporting to the Quality Manager the role of The Quality Engineer is to support both the requirements of the BMD Quality Management Systems and Client Specification Requirements.
Typical tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure the Project Quality Management System is fully implemented.
- Promote a “Right First Time” /Defect Free Delivery approach culture for the project to achieve a Construction Goal- Zero Defects at MC aligned with the JE Construction Quality Plan.
- Ensure all personnel are suitably trained to execute the tasks in compliance to the pipe classes.
- Perform Quality Audits (Internal and External).
- Co-ordinate special processes including Welding, NDT, and Pressure testing.
- Monitor and check the material receipt inspection process.
- Manage quality records, daily coupons, welder qualifications, NDT Reports, material test reports, pressure test packs, calibration records on custom electronic system
- Inspect daily weld coupons and records.
- Manage inspectors ensuring all daily production is inspected and records are in order.
- Ensure Welding consumable controls are in accordance with the project plan.
- Ensure welding qualifications are current for the welding team.
- Compile process statistics of welding and testing.
- Manage NDT reports and radiographic films for review.
- Review NDT Reports for accuracy to the specified standard.
- Liaise with client third party representatives to co-ordinate inspections and tests.
- Population and co-ordinate the handover of system packages.
- Population and upkeep of common information dossiers for turnover
- Co-ordinate the inflow of sub-contractors quality documentation into sub-system packages.
- Oversee and Monitor subcontractor work packages.
- Perform final QC checks of systems pre-test and post test.
- Manage system walkdowns ,snags and Turnover packs
- Conduct Root Cause Analysis in the event of Non-Conformances and oversee the implementation of Corrective Actions and Preventative Actions.
Education, Training & Experience
- Desirable for applicant to have degree in Quality Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering.
- Applicant must have an understanding of welding technology and be interested in the technical aspects of engineering codes and standards.
- CSWIP Welding Inspection qualification – desirable.
- NDT PCN/SNT Qualification – desirable.
- Applicant must have a working knowledge of ISO 9001:2008,
- Strong Communicator, written and verbal.
- Diligent, has a high level of attention to detail.
- Personable, and a team player.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Hard working and able to work in fast paced work environment.
- Logically minded, able to understand and make associations between basic technical requirements.
- Accountable & highly organised someone who take ownership of tasks from beginning to end.
- Decisive, able to make decisions while lacking some information.
What’s in it for you?
A chance to be part of, and share in, this exciting new development phase for BMD. We offer professional advancement supported by on-going training and development opportunities as well as a comprehensive package including Competitive Salary and Company Pension Scheme. We believe in rewarding those who exemplify our values and deliver for our clients. In short, your success is our success. And One Day You Can Say You Were at the Beginning.