The role of the Planner/Scheduler will be to oversee the scheduling for all project activities in the region. The Planner/Scheduler will liaise with clients, suppliers, sub-contractors and the internal team to develop comprehensive schedules based on activities, manpower, delivery dates, costs etc. The schedules will be monitored and updated regularly for project managers, senior management and clients.
Typical responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop early planning schedules for tender submission.
- Develop and manage contracted schedules to the satisfaction of the client.
- Attend interim schedule meetings with the client, sub-contractors and the internal team.
- Update and report in detail as required for the QS and project manager on the status of the project versus plan.
- Work closely with project managers, construction managers and site engineers to track progress claims by sub-contractors.
- Deliver on the contract obligations and meet additional Client requirements.
- Manage any changes to schedule due to additional/reduced works.
- Follow direction of Senior Management in undertaking work duties.
- Develop the project progress reports in conjunction with the Project Team.
- Identify potential schedule risks and ensure prompt reporting of same to Senior Management.
- Develop Level 5 Schedules for specific detailed works.
- Liaise with Customer in schedule administration including progress reports including preparation of supporting documentation as necessary
- Adherence to company practices, processes and generally accepted industry standards
Education, Training & Experience
- Qualification in Mechanical Engineering, Project Management or equivalent
- Proficient in the suite of Microsoft applications (Excel, Project, Word) and Primavera
- Min 3-5 years relevant work placement experience as a planner scheduler preferably in the mechanical sector.
• Strong Communicator, written and verbal.
• Diligent, has a high level of attention to detail, and sets a high standard of quality for themselves and others.
• Personable, and a team player.
• Strong project management, planning discipline.
• Hard working and able to work in fast paced work environment.
• Logically minded, able to understand and make associations between basic technical requirements.
• Accountable & highly organised someone who take ownership of tasks from beginning to end.
• Decisive, able to make decisions while lacking some information.
• Organised person who can self-prioritise work.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
What’s in it for you?
A chance to be part of, and share in, this exciting new development phase for BMD. We offer professional advancement supported by on-going training and development opportunities as well as a comprehensive package including Competitive Salary and Company Pension Scheme. We believe in rewarding those who exemplify our values and deliver for our clients. In short, your success is our success. And One Day You Can Say You Were at the Beginning.