Typical tasks include, but are not limited to the following:
• To develop the native files from Revit into CadWorx.
• Create piping fabrication isometrics and spool drawings from the model using, Isogen, Spoolgen etc.
• Attend and lead client interactions for BIM co-ordination when required.
• Follow document control procedures.
• Develop models from LOD 200-450.
• Detail structural steel, pipe supports and field piping and other services as required.
• Review federated models for BIM clashes with all trades, client and co-ordinate any remedial actions required.
• Review all fabrication documentation, client P+iD’s, vendor equipment drawings/specs and design documentation as required and have ability to create 3D models from base information.
• Develop 2D construction drawings as required.
• Report on design progress to project planners and CM’s/PM’s.
• Provide site support for construction teams.
• Verification of installation using survey techniques such as 3D scanning and point cloud.
• Integration of survey data into the BIM model.
• Append all redline changes as required using bluebeam.
• Report in detail as required for the QS/Construction Manager on the commercial status of the project.
Education, Training & Experience
• Preferably a Qualification in a Mechanical related discipline, Design or equivalent
• Min 2 years relevant work placement in a process mechanical environment
• Proficient in the manipulation of databases
• Software Technology Experience in applying some or all of the following technologies is a necessity:
o Autodesk (Revit, MEP, NavisWorks, CADworx,ete)
o Plant 3D
o MicroStation based solutions such as Bentley, PDS, PDMS or similar
• Strong Communicator, written and verbal.
• Diligent, has a high level of attention to detail, and sets a high standard of quality for themselves and others.
• Personable, and a team player.
• Strong project management, planning discipline.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
• Hard working and able to work in fast paced work environment.
• Logically minded, able to understand and make associations between basic technical requirements.
• Accountable & highly organised someone who take ownership of tasks from beginning to end.
• Decisive, able to make decisions while lacking some information.